Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wolf Moon - Full Moon in Cancer

This year's first full moon is in Cancer at 1:21pm PST today.
The full moon in Cancer asks us to use our emotional intuition a little more (feminine side). We are encouraged to find a balanced between our hearts and minds. Be open/receptive to change and sensitive to the needs of those around you. Focus on finishing up projects, final touches and completion before Jupiter enters Aries and the pace picks up again!

Something I'm becoming more interested in is the use of herbs/foods that are supposed to be beneficial during certain times of year or are associated with certain planets/moon phases. Traditionally herbs that are said help us emotionally, increase our intuition /sensitivity are moon based herbs.

Some of these are:
Anise Seed, Star Anise, Cabbage, Camphor, Cucumber, Dog Rose, Ginger, Jasmine, Lettuce, Water Lily, Pumpkin, White Rose, Wild Rose, Sea Salt, Watercress & Wintergreen.  

I'm posting a recipe for Wolf Moon bath salts which incorporates some of these things.  I've posted before about how much I enjoy using bath salts . Epsom salts are full of magnesium and sulfates (which can be absorbed through the skin easily) -- I've linked my old post on epsom salts to the word bath salts above if you are interested.

Wolf Moon Bath Salts
  • 2C Epsom Salts
  • 1C Sea Salt
  • 1 drop of ginger essential oil (or 2 slices of fresh ginger)
  • 1 drop of rose essential oil (or a dash of rose water if you made some in the fall --- have to find the post I did on this as well and I'll link it - I used Wild Rose so I have some of this at home)
  • 1 drop of Jasmine Essential or Wintergreen essential oil (which ever tickles your fancy I prefer wintergreen - I think it goes well with the ginger)
Pour Sea and Epsom Salts into a large glass jar like - put on the lid and give it a good shake. Take the lid off and put in essential oils don't over do it with essential oils or your salts will be too strong. Put the lid back on give it another shake and let the scent do its thing.When you go to have your bath pour in the salts throw in a few slices of ginger (and the dash of rose water if not using rose essential oil) and marinate yourself for a nice longish time...

An old post I did on eating according to the phases of the moon

No comments: