Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

Just One Word


 I came across this idea on Raw Food Rehab and thought it was such a good one I'd pass it along by reposting it here. The original idea comes from the book Wisdom Walks in the chapter “Just One Word.” by Dan Britton and Jimmy Page. The idea is you pick a word (just one) that will help you give more meaning and focus to the year. Don't just pick a word at random really think about it first.

The word I've picked popped into my head quickly because so far this year this word/concept keeps coming at me from all over the place - and no it isn't sale (but that is a pretty great word too no?). My word is Compassion - by that I mean I will try to be more compassionate to everyone who comes in to my life this year (& to those who are already there) and let go of my own agenda more when dealing with others - try to really listen and focus on who they are and where they are coming from - furry friends too :). The poster on the Rehab site had his family each paint a plaque with their word on it and has them hanging in their home as a reminder (another great idea).

1 comment:

Tough Cookie said...

Hi! My name is Maria, and I am part of the crazysexylife.com team. We would love to feature a recipe of yours, and of course, give you credit. You can e-mail me at maria@crazysexywellness.com if you would like to give us permission to do so. Thanks!