Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Southwestern Blackbeans & Rice 50/50

This type of salad is a staple for me in the winter. I've mentioned before that in the fall/winter I've taken to adding cooked food into my diet because I feel it is more practical given the climate I live in - this salad is a 50/50 of raw and cooked ingredients. It is low in fat, high in protein and very filling AND my first not all raw recipe that I'm posting here. So what do you think? I'm not sure if I should continue posting this sort of thing because up until now I've only posted raw recipes - torn!

Southwestern Black Beans & Rice 50/50
  • 2C mixed wild rice
  • 2C cooked  black beans
  • 2C RAW corn (from the cob:)
  • 4 stalks celery chopped
  • 1/4C fresh parsley or cilantro chopped fine
  • 1/2 C onion chopped
  • 1 medium tomato
  • 1small yellow/orange pepper
  • 1 large garlic clove
  • 2T olive oil
  • 1tsp salt
  • 1tsp cayanne 
  • Juice from 1 medium lime (about 1/2C)
Cook rice and beans. In a high speed blender or  food processor blend together garlic, olive oil, salt, cayanne, lime juice and tomato until smooth - mix fresh veggies, rice and beans pour tomato/lime dressing over and mix well. Eat warm or good chilled. Also great with quinoa instead of rice.


No comments: