Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Bliss Tea - calm me down potion.


Life has been hectic lately (which is kind of great) but, I'm finding it difficult to unwind at the end of the day (or even while sitting quietly at my desk) --- too much brain buzz. I am battling a jumpy feeling that edges on panic because there is a lot to do. I decided to do today's post  on my recipe for Bliss Tea - a perfect calm me down potion (don't worry I haven't forgotten about my pickled kale - coming!).

Bliss Tea
  • 3 Dried Rose Hips split open
  • 1tsp Chamomile Blossoms
  • 2 Sage Leaves (broad leaf)
  • 1tsp dried lemon peel (I save my orange/lemon/lime skins and zest them. I dry the zest in my dehydrator - good for all sorts of things)
  • 1/2tsp raw honey (if you do honey - if not try a little maple syrup) or a slice of lemon is nice too.
Enough for 1-2 large mugs (I use a little glass bodum style tea pot to make mine) but will also work in a tea ball or using a bamboo tea strainer. Let sit at least 3 minutes before drinking

2 comments:

OK said...

Interesting idea and a serene picture.. I should try this calming tea. I still have my sage plant full of leaves outside, covered by snow :)
How's the taste of it?
Cheers,
Olga

Berry Blue Toes said...

Hi Olga - I love the taste of this tea. Sage has a minty taste when it is used in tea... The smell is wonderful too.