Search This Blog

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Shredded Broccoli Salad


Shredded Broccoli Salad
  • 1 Medium Head of Broccoli Chopped Fine (florets and stem)
  • 1/2 Red Onion Chopped
  • 1/2 Small Head Purple Cabbage Shredded
  • 1C fresh corn
  • 1/2 Raisins
  • 1C Sunflower Seeds
  • 3T Lime Juice
Toss together all dry ingredients in a bowl add lime juice and toss again. Let sit while you make the dressing.

Dressing
  • 2C Walnuts
  • 3T Maple Syrup
  • 4-5T Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 1/4T Pink Sea Salt
  • 1/4 C Water
  • 1 crushed Clove Garlic
Mix all in blender until smooth pour over salad and mix in well (if not pourable add more water. Dressing should be thick but, pour easily out of the blender) - let chill for 1/2 before serving to let flavours marinate.

Broccoli on Foodista

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Hi!I followed you from the foodieblogroll and I love the different recipes on raw food that you have on your blog. I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks! -Alisa@Foodista

Christine said...

Hi! I found this blog in Foodista and followed it here. This is actually a cool Shredded Broccoli Salad recipe. Thanks to Foodista widget I saw your blog, now I know what I’ll serve my husband this weekend. By the way you can add more Foodista widget to your future blogs so more people can view it. Cheers!