Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 89


I've been feeling more and more like staying away from my computer lately - which doesn't work out well for someone who depends on a computer for her livelihood. I'm looking forward to my 3 weeks off. I can't believe I'm here only 3 more days to go.

A short run down of what the feast has done for me...

• My allergies are under control (and I'm now convinced most of the issues I was dealing with stemmed from the food choices I was making)
• I've released 27lbs
• I feel more grounded
• My creative fire is in overdrive
• I find I'm more present in my life (enjoying the moments more)
• I feel healthy and on most days energetic
• I know a lot more about how my body works and responds to stress, food & environment
• I've learned a lot about nutrition and health - and am deeply inspired to learn more and share with others what I"m finding out.
• I feel in control of my body again - I didn't feel that way for a long time after I was diagnosed with Hashimotos - my weight went up, my emotions and energy levels were all over the place, I didn't know what to do to feel normal again. Eating a raw food diet and following a TCM regime of Herbs really helped but, I still had issues - weight, fear that the problem would resurface, energy highs and lows.
• I've been experiencing Synchronicity (not just a raw food/juice hype - it is true!) - divine guidance call it what you will - it is happening.

I found a really interesting New York Times article today by Michael Pollan (author of the Omnivore's Dilemma ) titled "Unhappy Meals" - worth a read.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
That, more or less, is the short answer to the supposedly incredibly complicated and confusing question of what we humans should eat in order to be maximally healthy. I hate to give away the game right here at the beginning of a long essay, and I confess that I'm tempted to complicate matters in the interest of keeping things going for a few thousand more words..."

Here is the link to the article
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/28/health/28iht-web.0128foodMAGAZINE.4372043.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

No comments: