Search This Blog

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 77

I haven't posted about my feast in a few days because I'm experiencing some anxiety over ending it. I know I still have 15 days to go but, always looking ahead I'm worried I'm not prepared for the next step. I realise that coming off this feast in a healthy way is in many ways just as important if not more so than the feast itself. I plan to take a full month to fully transition back to solid foods because I think it will take me that long to establish the new healthy eating patterns I hope to adopt. I broke it down and think I will do 8 days of each of the 3 steps that David suggests for coming off of the feast (instead of 6 days in total) - just because I think knowing myself that I'll need to go more slowly so I can stay in control.... sooo here is my plan
  • 8 days juice and prunes + soak water
  • 8 days green smoothies/juice juicy fruits
  • 8 days green smoothies/juice juicy fruits, olives and salads

On a positive note I opened my excalibur yesterday and decided to try making yam crisps as a first project - My apartment smells wonderful but, I'm staying strong - I can try them soon enough. 
I've made 2 types and had a friend tell me what she thought (the verdict was delicious!)
here are the recipes









Curry Crisps
  • 2 large sweet potatoes
  • 6T sesame oil
  • 1 lime
  • 1t sea salt
  • 2T curry powder
  • 6T apple cider vinegar
Cut potatoes with mandoline slicer place into a bowl and toss with remaining ingredients until fully coated. 
Line dehydrator sheets with teflex and place sweet potato slices on (can over lap) 
Dehydrate 3hrs at 108F then flip onto mesh screens and dehydrate until crispy ( I let mine go over night).










Hot & Spicy Crisps
  • 2 large sweet potatoes
  • 6T olive oil (enough to just coat the slices so the other flavours will stick)
  • 1t sea salt
  • Hot Sauce (to taste)
  • 6T apple CV
Cut potatoes with mandoline slicer place into a bowl and toss with remaining ingredients until fully coated. 
Line dehydrator sheets with teflex and place sweet potato slices on (can over lap) 
Dehydrate 3hrs at 108F then flip onto mesh screens and dehydrate until crispy ( I let mine go over night).

No comments: