Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 79 Juice Feast - Spicy Pizza Cracker Recipe

I'm feeling really good today. My brain is buzzing with a million projects I want to start. I had a woman laugh this weekend when I told her what I've been up to - she said "You don't do things by half measures do you?" - I was telling her that I'm juice feasting, meditating and trying to "wake up" on a personal level. I decided to take her comment as a compliment.

I'm so glad I decided to make meditating, practicing yoga and self examination a large part of my plan during this feast. Having these other things to focus on has really helped me through some difficult times. Life becomes very interesting when snacking/food isn't an option when you are bored, frustrated or need to be comforted. Physical detoxing I expected. It wasn't until 14 days or so into the feast that I was introduced to the idea of emotional detoxing. Having to face the lies I was telling myself about why, when and what I was choosing to eat has been eye opening.

In this last stage I'm starting to realize I'll never view food the same way again. I've been reading "Diet for a new America" this past week because I was thinking about what Anthony Robbins says about associating massive pain to a behavior you want to change. I think the book is working - I've been crying/angry through large parts of it. The "Omnivor's Dilema" is next... I feel like Alice in Wonderland -I've passed into this amazing new world - I hope things stay this vibrant and alive for me when I start to eat solid foods again fingers xed...
I'm still playing with my new dehydrator. I made what smells like pizza in it last night. I'm calling them Spicy Pizza Crackers (I'll try to post a photo in a day or two). My taste testers say they are really good (very spicy).


Spicy Pizza Crackers
  • 4c corn (frozen seems to work better than fresh) thawed
  • 1 jalapeno pepper (I like things spicy you may want to use 1/2 a pepper if you prefer a milder taste)
  • 1 purple onion
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 large red pepper
  • 2T ground flax seeds (I use my coffee grinder)

Chop onion and red pepper roughly and mix with remaining ingredients in a food processor till well mixed but still slightly chunky. Pour onto teflex sheets and spread out to .5" thickness score lightly with a spatula. Set dehyrator to 105 for 16 hours. Peel off teflex gently and return to deyhdrator on screens for 8-12 more hours.

No comments: