Search This Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 27

I woke up this morning feeling really good. My mood seems to have shifted into positive. Could this be because I finally found those elusive pink grapefruits last night ? Oh happy day! I bought 2 bags and am already through one of them. I love (captial L) pink grapefruit juice and seemingly can not get enough of it.


I "came out" to a few more friends about my Juice Feast this week. My birthday is fast approaching and I've had to explain why I do not want to go out for dinners and or drinks this year. I'm feeling strong enough in my conviction now that I'm not easily swayed by a lack of understanding or negativity. I realize I don't need to justify what I'm doing to anyone and if they don't want to be supportive so be it. On the other hand I've had some incredible support from both my parents who phone long distance and ask daily how things are going :) from some dear close friends and people on the juice feasting site - total strangers who take the time to offer support and encouragement through posts and emails (so valuable to someone like me who is doing this solo in a smaller community with little local support).

So far...

I've released 10lbs - (woohoo - not why I'm doing this but wow how great)
My sinuses are clear both sides (amazing)
My skin is soft and clear
I'm sleeping much more deeply
My creative fire is coming back (what do I mean? - I'm fascinated by colours and shapes, I feel awake and am noticing the beauty in my surroundings)
I feel grateful (not sure how to explain this exactly but, I find I'm saying thank you a lot more and really listening to the messages/insights that are being given to me)
I'm addicted to reading raw food cookbooks/blogs
I've developed super senses (don't laugh it's true!) - smell and hearing
A lot of emotional detox going on but, I think I'm dealing with it well


Grapefruit Super Juice!
4 Pink Grapefruits
2 Cloves Garlic
1tbls of Spirulina



1 comment:

Sarah said...

I have thought of doing a 30 day juice feast, but like you, live in a small community and don't have lots of support. Good for you for being able to do it!