Search This Blog

Friday, March 13, 2009

Coconut Oil & Young Coconut Water


There is a buzz on the net about taking coconut oil to cure hypothyroidism. People say that 3 tablespoons a day will alleviate symptoms in as little as 2 to 3 months.

Coconut oil is a saturated fat made up of medium chain fatty acids. Medium chain fatty acids are proven to increase metabolism. Coconut oil can also raise basal body temperatures while increasing metabolism.

BTW I've been drinking young coconut water during my juice feast (delicious!).
Rich in Potassium and Electrolytes

Orange Pina Colada (one of my favourite treats)
  • 3 large oranges
  • Coconut water from one young coconut shaken and poured over ice

But how do you get those suckers open?
I found some great videos on YouTube - I always thought it was a hard thing to do - not so!


No comments: