Search This Blog

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Pike Place - Yum!

Finally some photos from Pike Place Market in Seattle - a great place to spend the day if you are a foodie. Lots of fresh veg and fruit from local producers, dried goodies, oils, vinegars - a wonderful spice/tea shop. I loved wandering through here (also a great little juice stand across the street from the market with green juice, fruit juice and wheat grass shots). 


 We are just coming out of winter in the Yukon so to see this much fresh produce had me snoopy dancing and seriously thinking that I might wait another month or two before returning home. My friend Pam stood patiently by as I went snap happy with her camera (mine suffered an untimely death right before our trip). Pam is well aware of how food crazed I can become and put up with my excitement as I bounced from stand to stand ohhing and ahhing at it all.


One stand was full of dried goodies - lots of locally grown dried apples... Dried Veg mixes that were really good too. Another stand had locally grown dried cherries. The market isn't just food there are a lot of artists/craftspeople here as well. My favourite place to visit in Seattle hands down. Starting my Chakra food project this weekend...




1 comment:

m-cat said...

pleeza no sqeeza! haha!