Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chakra Food & Juice Project - Root Soup



After some thought about how best to do this I've decided to work from the Root Chakra up food wise. For the root we want to consume foods that make us feel "rooted" safe, stable. Root Chakra foods are proteins, root veggies, and red coloured foods. My first recipe is for a really yummy raw (or you can cook it if you like) "Root Soup"

Root Soup
  • 5 Large Plum Tomatoes
  • 1 Large Red Pepper
  • 1/2 Medium Beet
  • 1/4 C Pine Nuts
  • 1/2 Small Jalapeno Chili Pepper (to taste)
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1/4C Chives
  • 1T Horseradish
Put all except chives into a high powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy - sprinkle with chopped chives. Nice cold or warm. Nice topped with a small dollop of fermented cashew nut cheese.


2 comments:

Sasha@ Blyssfulhealth said...

So very interesting. Love hearing about the Chakra's and the food. Thanks for sharing. Looks yummy.

Athena said...

Ooo this looks good. I love your idea of working through the chakras and incorporating raw food into it. I'm quite into chakras myself so I'll be interested to see what you come up with for them all. :)