Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 53 - Dreams & Goals

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours".
Henry David Thoreau

Confindently in the direction of my dreams - life I've imagined... that needs some brainstorming and clarification. I think somewhere along the way I've lost sight of what my dreams are... What direction do I want my life to take after this amazing experience is over? During this next phase of the feast I plan to turn inward and start asking myself those questions. Now that I'm feeling much more centred and at peace with myself I'm hoping the answers will come. A friend once asked me when I was feeling really low "what do you enjoy - what do you love?" - I really didn't know at the time I couldn't even come up with one thing so she gave me an example "I enjoy sewing buttons on shirts" ahh my lightbulb went on... the first thing I thought of was "I love to listen to the sound of the ocean as it washes in and out over pebbles on the beach" - and I went on to write down a long list of things I enjoy that are simple everyday things. I found writing down the list helped me to enjoy those things even more... I think I will start there again by making a new list of the things in life I enjoy - maybe that will lead me to the bigger picture of what my dreams/goals are - fingers xed...

No comments: