Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 46 - Little Reminders

Day 46 - juice feast half way point. Amazing I'm here. Still planning to go for as long as I feel it is right for me - we'll see what my body tells me to do as I move from the detoxing stage into the rebuilding phase.
My body is starting to find its voice - or maybe I'm just becoming a better listener.... I think I've been feeling down because I keep trying to hang on to the moments of incredible energy and contentment that I've been starting to have - they come, they go - I think the problem has been a lack of faith that the good feelings aren't going to return -that just the bad stuff will be what hangs on. So I'll try to have faith because it seems as though everytime I go through a healing crisis I come out the other side feeling better than I have in years.
I found something about this on the internet earlier - I'll post it below because it really helped me to refocus on my goals.

Blissful State of Health Comes Eventually
Don't expect to go on an ascending scale of quality improvement in the diet and think you will feel better and better each day until you reach perfection. The body is cyclical in nature and health returns in a series of gradually diminishing cycles. For example—you start a better diet and for a while you feel much better. After some time, a symptom occurs, you may feel nauseous for a day and have a diarrhea with a foul-smelling stool. After a day you feel even better than before and all goes fine for a while. Then you suddenly develop a cold, feel chills and lose your appetite. After about two or three days (assuming you don't take drugs or do anything else about it) you suddenly recover and feel better than you did for years. Let us say this well-being continues for two months, when you suddenly develop an itch or rash. You still don't take anything special for it. This rash flares up, gets worse and continues for ten days and suddenly subsides. Immediately after this you find your hepatitis is gone and your energy has increased more than ever before. The rash became an outlet for the poisons in the liver which produced hepatitis. This is how recovery occurs, like the Dow-Jones Average at the beginning of a bull-market recovery. You feel better, a reaction occurs and you don't feel as well for a short while. You recover and go even higher. And so it goes, each reaction milder than the last as the body becomes purer, each becoming shorter in duration, feeling better than ever before and lasting longer, until you reach a level plateau of vibrant health. Here you become relatively disease-free and are filled with ever-increasing joy, life and the happiness which comes from sheer well-being. The mind opens up and expands to ever-higher horizons and your soul will shout for joy. You begin to love the world, the universe and everything in it. This is the natural state of the mind—blissful, joyful and at peace with the universe—and it can only be attained by alignment with biological laws. The first laws we must learn to obey are the laws of Nature. We must learn to eat simple, pure and natural foods properly prepared and combined, and our bodies in return will cast off the evil we have taken in during our lives.

More here http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/symptoms-during-dietary-transition/the-three-phases-of-metabolism.html

No comments: