Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Day 93 (Day 1 Post Feast)


So the prunes - I have to admit the first prune was a little scary - what it represented, how it would make me feel. I sat and looked at my bowl of soaked prunes for at least 10 minutes before I could bring myself to eat one of them. Let me just say this about prunes - prunes work - I'm glad I was full after 4 and stopped (plenty of fiber in that many for me). I broke my feast via video chat with a supportive friend. I think because I took the time to make a ritual/event out of the prune eating - the whole feasting process has been reinforced in my mind as a big event in my life. I know a lot of people say they feel they aren't ready to stop at 92 days. I woke up yesterday elated. I've been feeling like it was time to stop for a little over a week now but, wanted to make it to 92 days and am glad I waited. I'm in transit tomorrow - off to the prairies. I'm excited and nervous to take my feast breaking on the road. A challenge but, I'm sure it will be a good one. It will probably be a while until I have a chance to post again - when I do I'm sure I'll have lots to report!


No comments: