Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Making your own Deodorant

A friend has inspired me to try to wean myself off using aluminum based deodorant. I know it is terrible for you but, I've tried using the crystal type a few times in the past and it just hasn't worked for me... or so I thought. I've been doing a little reading and have decided to try it again for at least 28 days. Several people say it takes at least this long for the lymphs under your arms to "detox" and get rid off all the stored up smelly yucky stuff I've been blocking with the aluminum and propylene glycol based commercial sticks. Others say that odor is caused my hormone fluctuations and the type of clothes you are wearing (also makes sense). The plan is to make some deodorant myself (because that is how I roll - why buy it when I can make it?) and try it for the next month. * Update - It works! It works!

No comments: