Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

Wild Harvesting - Buying Vodka

(in this photo dandelion heads, horse ails and a few wild rose petals peeking out from under the horsetails)
This weekend I got busy in my kitchen with a few of the things I've been our harvesting for the past week. One of the first things I made was with horsetails I have a few jars of tincture steeping in my storage room - super easy and very satisfying. 50/50 chopped horsetails in vodka in a jar (one moon cycle before straining off the herbs:) and voila - tincture. I decided to buy a Canadian brand of Vodka and thought a huge glass bottle was probably the way to go because I have quite a few things I want to tincture. The sales person at the liquor store is married to a friend and made a comment about the amount of vodka I was buying so I felt I had to explain myself - ah the joys of living in a small town :) He may get some tincture in a month just so he knows I was serious and am not a vodka loving party animal...

No comments: