Search This Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cacao Nib Ice NOcream

I've been craving chocolate so I decided to try making cashew nut icecream. I adapted this recipe from one of Matthew Kenney's in "Everyday Raw"

Cacao Nib Ice NOcream
  • 1 cup soaked cashews (1-2hrs)
  • 1/2 cup young coconut meat
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 1T vanilla extract
  • Pinch of sea salt
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 2T cacao powder
  • 1/4 cacao nibs
  • 1/2 Agave Nectar
Blend all except cacao nibs in blender until very smooth. Pour into ice cream maker add cacao nibs and follow manufacturer's instruction (1 quart)

1 comment:

Sattvalynn said...

I just love your recipes and your pictures! They are wonderful! Your recipes look like they meet my 4 cooking desires: simple, quick, delicious and nutritious! I hope you will keep them coming! Love, Sattva xoxo