Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

More things I love... So Delicious Coconut Milk


I don't usually push products but, I'm loving this stuff so much I wanted to share.
I've been adding it to my smoothies and hot cocoa for about a month now. I'm noticing a difference in my waistline and my energy level. This coconut milk isn't like the kind in the cans - it has about 5g of fat  per cup and it needs to be refrigerated. I've only tried the unsweetened (which is delicious), it is also available in vanilla and sweetened. I had to order it through an organic food co-op locally and have it shipped north because it isn't available at any of the stores here - I'm starting to get antsy about running out before I can place another order for it in a few months...
  • Dairy Free / Lactose Free
  • Soy Free
  • Gluten Free
  • Rich in Medium Chain Fatty Acids
  • Excellent Source of Vitamin B12 (vegetarian friendly)
  • Formulated for Maximum Calcium Absorption
  • Cholesterol Free
  • No Trans Fats
  • Certified Vegan
 

 
Coconut Milk Hot Cocoa
  • 1 Cup Coconut Milk
  • 1tsp Organic Cocoa Powder
  • 1tsp (to taste) Maple Syrup
  • .5 tsp cinnamon
Heat milk on low/medium until hot on stove top, whisk in cocoa powder, cinnamon and add maple syrup to taste. (if you are a raw foodie - you can warm your milk to 115 - make a paste with a little of the milk the cocoa/maple syrup/cinnamon then stir it in to the rest of the milk - just as yummy as the hot stuff)

For more info on coconuts:
 http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/

    2 comments:

    Gail for So Delicious Dairy Free said...

    Thank you so much for your delicious review! We're delighted that you're enjoying So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage so much! Did you know that you can order them online in the shelf-stable cartons at http://navanfoods.com? They ship all over the US and Canada!

    Berry Blue Toes said...

    I didn't know that - thanks for the tip!