Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

More fresh juice - Turkey

I was also able to find fresh juice in Turkey. This time at a stand on Mt. Koressos at the House of the Virgin Mary Site. 1 Euro bought me a large glass of fresh orange/ pomegranate juice that was made using an old fashioned metal orange press - delicious. Smiling I Snoopy danced all the way to the stand :)

Before finding the juice stand I wrote down my wishes and placed them in the prayer wall. I drank from the three fountains that are said to have healing properties - I know what you are thinking but, sometimes you just need to go with it - it is mountain spring water - cold, clean, clear and it was honestly the best water I've ever tried. Turkey was a magical place I can't wait to go back someday.


Inspired by the pomegranate juice in Turkey - I bought a metal press when I got home. I think using one of these is the best way to quickly juice pomegranates/oranges/lemons/limes... much less fuss when you want a quick juice than starting up and cleaning an electric juicer.

2 comments:

evergreen said...

What an amazing experience, thanks for sharing!

Berry Blue Toes said...

It was!