Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year/Valentine's Day!

I'm back from an amazing vacation and getting ready to post some of what I saw discovered food wise in the next few days.

The long blogging absence... I've been in a strange place food wise and wasn't sure exactly what I should write about it here as I mentioned in a previous posting. I'll just start with bread/cheese on my vacation - ugh. I had such good intentions and I did really well the first few days. Anyone who knows me or has been following my blog knows I have an allergy to dairy and am sensitive to gluten. I'm not sure exactly why I spiraled back into eating more cooked food and introducing two big don't eats. But, it happened and to be totally truthful I'd been having what I've come to call "gluten fest Fridays" for about 3 weeks before I left. Usually wine and pita with hummus or bread with oil/vinegar with friends after work. The Cheese started while in Europe - it all looked so amazing - a nibble here a nibble there.

So spiraling - which you hear a lot of people in the raw food community talk about - thank goodness for people who share - I've been feeling much better about it all knowing it is pretty common to go on a food bender now and again for the first few years as you work on changing your habits and triggers. I've been trying to remind myself that a few years ago bread and cheese wouldn't have registered for me as no nos - I've come a long way in understanding how my body reacts to cooked/processed foods and thankfully I know what to do to get myself back on track. So there it is. Here we go again :) I feel cruddy but, I know exactly what to do about it and it begins with juice :)...



1 comment:

evergreen said...

Welcome back! So happy to hear you had an amazing vacation:)

I think it is OK to have things I don't normally eat when I travel, but do like to get right back to raw when I get home.