Search This Blog

Monday, October 01, 2012

Flu Soup

It seems everyone I know (including me) is down with the flu right now. If you are too tired to fix anything fancy and want a good clear your sinuses soup give this a try...

4C of cold water
1 bag Asian frozen veggie mix
1 thumb of ginger (to taste) chopped
4 cloves of garlic
sizeable squirt of red rooster hot sauce
1/3C Plum Vinegar
sizeable squirt of braggs liquid amenos
1 package of rice noodles (the Asian kind that come in little squares)

Put water, ginger, garlic, vinegar, hot sauce, liquid amenos in a large pot bring to a rolling boil turn down heat to medium add full (medium sized bag) of veggies let cook for 3-4 minutes then add noodles. Turn down to simmer for another 5-7 minutes. Simple, full of flavour and easy to make when you are feeling under the weather. I'll post a photo when I'm feeling better. Hope it works as well for you as it does for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderfully healing! Thank you!