Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

What I'm Reading - The Natural Vegan Kitchen

I was sent a book to review for the site called "The Natural Vegan Kitchen" by Christine Waltermyer who runs the Natural Kitchen Cooking School (New York & New Jersey). I love me some free cookbook swag so I was all over this book as soon as it arrived in the mail. My graphic designer side enjoyed that the book was nicely laid out and easy to read with lots of colour photos. The book is a traditional Vegan/Macrobiotic Cookbook and is choc full of creative easy to prepare recipes. The chapter on sauces and dressings is mostly raw and has some really great ideas - her "Mom's Dynamite Greens Dressing" tastes like a honey mustard dressing (without the honey :) and goes really well over a spinach salad. All recipes that use grains are labeled gluten or gluten-free which is really nice for those of us who are trying to avoid gluten. If you are new to vegan cooking eating high raw for the winter months or want a simple/easy (tasty) cookbook for preparing wholesome vegan meals it is well worth a read.

No comments: