Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Traveling Raw



I'm going to Europe in 2 days. I've been searching around the net for tips on staying Vegan/Raw while I'm away. I found a really good list of ideas on "The Best of Raw" website. Where the video of David Wolfe (above) is featured. After reading their Top 5 Travel Tips I've decided to pack my superfoods to take with me. A bag of hemp hearts, Bluegreen Algae, MSM powder, some raw cacao nibs, a water bottle for mixing and a few Larabars.

I'll post how I did when I get back! I think while I'm in Egypt I'll have to make an exception and eat more cooked food - I've been warned repeatedly about not eating salads or anything uncooked there!

http://www.thebestofrawfood.com/raw-food-travel.html



"I'm Vegan" in different languages...


In Spanish
  • Soy vegano (male)
  • Soy vegana (female)
In French
  • Je suis végétalien (male) / Je suis végétalienne (female)
In Arabic
  • Ana Nabatee (I am vegetarian [male]
  • Ana Nabateeya (I am vegetarian) [female]
In German
  • Ich bin Veganer. (male)
  • Ich bin Veganerin. (female)
In Italian
  • vegano
  • Non voglio carne o pesce (I do not want meat or fish)
  • Niente carne (No meat)
In Greek
  • Eimai hortofagos. Den troo kreas i kotopoulo [EE-may hor-to-FAH-gos. Then tro KRAY-ahs ee ko-TO-poo-lo.] (I am a vegetarian. I do not eat meat, pork or chicken.)
  • (Den) troo avga, gala, kai (i) tiri. [(Then) tro ahv-GA, GA-la, keh (ee) tee-REE.] (I do (do not) eat eggs, milk or cheese)

In Turkish

  • Hic et yiyemem [heech et yee-yeh-mem] (I can't eat any meat)
  • Et suyu bile yiyemem. (I can't even eat meat juices)

1 comment:

evergreen said...

I am sure you will have a wonderful trip! You sound well prepared. I look forward to hearing about how you made out:)